Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours. Please give monthly and support our mission. Save the…
Head of Education
Job Id: 200002NI
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team / Programme: Programme Development and Quality
Contract Length: 2 Years
- Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
General responsibilities in Child safeguarding:
- Ensure you fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and Local/ Country Procedures.
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in your personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
- Ensure the way you are carrying out your work is not putting children at risk (or further risk) – this means constantly scrutinizing your work through a child safeguarding lens and talking to children about possible design/ implementation “flaws”.
- Promote the message of child safeguarding to colleagues in other organizations and government ministries, children on their own and beneficiary families, and community members in general.
- Be vigilant about observing possible child abuse/ harm in their personal and professional lives.
Specific responsibilities in Child Safeguarding:
- Contribute to implementation of the Child Safeguarding policy and standards within the program you technically back-stop. This includes:
- Ensure CS is reflected in the proposal development process according to existing checklists
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified? Go to Save The Children on stcuk.taleo.net to apply