Position ID: 1055
Job Category: Customer Service
Division & Section: 311 Toronto, 311 Toronto Operations Section II
Work Location: METRO HALL, 55 John Street, Toronto
Job Type & Duration: Part-time, Part Time
- Answers inquiries and complaints received on all 311 access channels (including but not limited to; telephone, email and in person)
- Explains policies and procedures to the public, refers calls to proper authorities when necessary, initiates service requests and records related information
- Uses specialized knowledge in multiple functional areas to carry out duties in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Conducts research and analysis to develop service options for interested parties
- Provides effective verbal and written communications to all inquiries and requests for City services
- Utilizes customer service skills to effectively respond to inquiries and service requests
- Uses knowledge of City operations to guide customers and advocate on their behalf
- Liaises with internal divisions, Emergency Services, and contracted service providers
- Enters, retrieves and interprets data in customer relationship management and/or work management system databases
- You Must Also Have:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to empathetically listen, interpret and respond.
- Ability to deal with difficult clients, de-escalate and diffuse challenging situations and successfully resolve customer issues in a diplomatic, unbiased and professional manner.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and diplomacy when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently with little direction and as a member of a team.
- Excellent keyboarding and proof reading skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
Click here to apply